Pattern: Garden Lattice Quilt

What a fun quilt this was!  It is made using 2 1/2" strips!


Do you love the gingham backing?  It's Cotton + Steel's 1" gingham in Linen


For this quilt, I used a mix of steel blues, teal, misty blue, mint, and celery greens, with a bright white to contrast the analogous colour palette.

I'm already dreaming of the colour palette I'll make it in next time!  What colours would you make it in?




This pattern comes together so fast, so easily, and so forgivingly.  Rows are lined up by "centering" the pieces.  I finger pressed a crease in the centre of the different pieces on both rows, and pinned together the centre creases from the two rows.  Easy peasy! 


Wouldn't this make a great Jelly Roll Race quilt? 


This was quilted by the ever amazing Violet Quilts!  I emailed her a few pics of what I was looking for, and she created this loopy design for me!   It's quilted with pale blue thread.  I love how it turned out!


Pattern is available in our Shop!



9 comments

  1. Having trouble getting the angles even. Any trick to it? Thanks. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, When you say getting the angles even, do you mean the edges aren't matching up on either side of the angle? Please feel welcome to email me at briarhilldesigns@gmail.com with some pictures, and I'd be happy to help you out! Julia

      Delete
  2. Can you use fat quarters with this pattern or only yardage and jelly rolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The longest pieces need about 19" of length, so, yes, you can use fat quarters. It will not be as economic as using jelly rolls, but it will work!

      Delete
  3. no explanation as to how to join the pattern pieces together do dotted lines overlap or does one dotted line match the bottom of the cut pattern piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I can help! You stack the dashed line so they are right on top of each other. So the paper overlaps on both pieces, but the dashed lines are directly on top of each other. I hope this helps! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. any chance there is a video lesson on how to cut the fabric using the templates? Looks like I need 50-70 of A-F....not sure how to get that many with the paper templates that I have. Do you transfer them to card stock? stack a bunch of jelly roll pieces together? I've had this pattern for 2 yrs and haven't mustered my courage to attempt it. I have cut out all the templates on regular paper, but not sure where to start for the fabric cutting!!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just lay them on the strips and use as a guide, cut with your ruler.

      Delete
  6. Could I get a measurement of the strip, prior to cutting the angle. I cant get a printout that provides the actual size when matched with the 1" scale.

    ReplyDelete