Pattern: Train Station

Have you ever had a collection you just couldn't bear to cut into?  This happened to me with Bari J.'s line Spendor 1920.  These prints were just right as they were, and I didn't want to interfere with the beauty already going on.  That's how this pattern was designed!  I designed this quilt so all piece work was in the sashing and the cornerstones, and I was able to keep large squares of gorgeous fabric print.



 To this yummy fabric collection, I added some solids and some of Kaffe Fassett's shot cottons.


Sashing is made from a long strip set, and cornerstones are paper pieced, two skills that can help the quilter sew with confidence.   This pattern comes in three sizes:  full, throw and baby quilt!  
Next time I make this quilt I'm planning to use spring colours, and I'll use a small calico print where the navy is now.  What fabrics would you use?



Train Station Pattern, including step-by-step instructions, diagrams and a quilt colouring page to plan out colour placement is available in our Shop!




2 comments

  1. I bought this quilt pattern and was wondering if it could be made into a queen size quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get this pattern?

    ReplyDelete